Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sins of my youth
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 16:45:57 -0800

Peter Klein OFFERED:

> I've not taken many new photos lately. I'm having cataract surgery a week
> from Tuesday, and using the viewfinder has become difficult.

Peter my dear friend of many years, :-)

I wish you well with the operation, been there had it done! No sweat! As I'm
sure it will be quite successful!  You may find the first time you look in
the mirror at home,  you will discover you've become quite a "handsome
devil!" Compared to the previous devil! :-)

My dear wife can attest to this after her cataract operation and the first
time she looked in the mirror that! She wasn't still the "blonde" she
thought she was from her youth. :-)  Cataracts can change what colours look
like until the cataracts are removed! In her case she felt she'd become a
"white haired" elder lady! :-( But in my eyes she was as beautiful as she
always had been!  :-)  Like blonde? - white? ... still beautiful! Get over
it already! :-) A beautiful lady! :-) But she could see better and that was
the bottomline!

What you've illustrated with your selection of  High School to re-union
photographs, is one of the wonderful aspects of "STILL PHOTOGRAPHY!" We
captured history on film for future generations or our own pleasure or a
time like your high school re-union !!

I still have to be convinced that with all the "Digital images" exposed
today that many will survive for "High School Re-unions" of the future. Yep
millions will be exposed, but unfortunately I believe most will be lost, as
with the generations of today, due to the "quick look on screen" and delete
process!  There wont be any "negatives or slides" to call upon in 20 or 40
years. I trust I'm wrong big-time!

Have a wonderful re-union as the most interesting aspect is how pretty well
everyone has changed! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)