Subject: [Leica] PDN Photo contest
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:38:26 -0500

I agree. Charging entry fees for something like this is simple exploitation.
They justify it by claming that industry buyers will see the winning entries
when they're published. Peter and David Turnley, who are from my hometown,
said that they got started by walking into newspaper and photo agency
offices with a portfolio, and people actually talked to them and wanted to
see their work. I don't think anyone will do that anymore; now aspiring
photographers are there to be milked for money rather than considered for
jobs.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography