Subject: [Leica] Ranthambhore Photos
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:02:47 +0530

Jim,Philippe,Ric,Tina,

Thanks for looking.

The technique for getting close is to have a great guide who understands the
animals. They do not really feel threatened by vehicles, so they stay calm.
If you are foolish enough to step down, then all bets are off! I was in a
open jeep - no sides and top, and quite vulnerable if the tigers felt like
swiping you - but I have never felt threatened by these cats, as Howard
Cummer will also testify. Only wild elephants close up really frighten me,
they are most unpredictable.

More photos to follow!

Cheers
Jayanand