Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pano shot from scissors lift at one of the largest labor rally in history
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:52:16 -0500

On Mar 13, 2011, at 4:43 PM, philippe.amard wrote:

> Right man in the right place
>
> Where was this and about what if I may ask.
>
> We've had demos here too, and then Northern Africa, and now Japan; hard
> for me  to follow the news on all fronts ...

Madison, Wisconsin, US of A
We have a new governor
who within his first month in office signed a bill:
to ravage collective bargaining rights of public workers (in effect for 60
years)
slash spending to education in local municipalities by $90 million (while
freezing property taxes which would normally make up the difference)
slash badger care (health insurance) to poorest citizens
eliminate environmental protection programs
(the list goes on and on)
and all this is happening after giving huge tax breaks to corporations and
wealthiest state residents.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com