Subject: [Leica] New portrait of my son added today
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:31:04 -0700

Hi Chris,
I suppose it's, "to each his own. " :-)

However, I use Leica lenses from the 15mm to the 400 2.8.... and a bunch in
between. Quite often 3 M's hanging around my neck, a 21mm top camera, a 35
middle camera and the Noctilux on the bottom camera... Left shoulder, 2 R
cameras (the last being R8's with motor drives) lenses, a 90 and a 180mm .
On the right shoulder if needed just in case, another R8 motor drive and
shoulder brace pistol grip with the 280mm f2.8.

All this gear depends what the assignment is and where? One does not carry
all this stuff to every assignment, obviously! As assignments dictate what
gear you carry all the time! Regardless of what some people think!

By the same token it might be only an M7, these days an M8, one lens and a
long adjusted neck strap so the camera hangs off my left shoulder underneath
my Tux jacket out of sight. Certainly when I'm shooting a VIP $1000.00 plate
fund raising dinner or event. Many of these people don't want to be fussing
with a "lowly photographer taking happy snaps!" :-)

In this fashion I quietly move about, see something, camera is up from
jacket to the eye, click! I drop it where it slips under the jacket out of
sight. And move on, no camera insight! :-)

And yes I've shot hundreds of portrait style assignments over the years from
ordinary folks to your President's to our Prime Minister's and the Queen of
England. ( Unfortunately no film in the camera for that one!) :-( My fellow
Canadian photographers who remember, never let it rest when we get together.
:-) And that shoot was in the summer of 1967, they still rag my butt about
it! And the Prime Minister of Israel! If you haven't had a look at my
website TEDGRANTPHOTO.COM it shows a few of my "Happy snapping life with
Leicas! " :-) And a few portraits also. ;-)
cheers,
Dr. ted