Subject: [Leica] Derelict bar
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 19:02:49 -0400

Nathan writes:

My PAW in week 8 started with a picture of an abandoned bar with a very
dramatic sky:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=494

I also had my "Texas Leica", the Fuji 6x9 rangefinder with me, and shot a
couple of images with that as well. The negatives arrived back from the lab
yesterday, and I scanned them this morning. This is what the same scene
looks on Tri-X:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#1225220494_miVXG-O-LB

I must admit I am not too much into the film vs. digital debate, but I know
which of these two images I like best. Both are relatively unprocessed,
except that the film image was taken with a red filter.
- - - - -
I like the B&W image better. It is stronger and makes the clouds look
foreboding.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Derelict bar)