Subject: [Leica] IMG: Buttercups
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:19:04 -0700

Gary Pinkerton showed:

> Trying my hand at showing images here:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Gary+Pinkerton/

Hi Gary,
Have no fear post away and receive the critiques as friends assisting
friends. :-)

I like both, however I'd think "tighter images" next time. The large group
isn't bad. However I'd crop that right side single flower off and go tighter
on the main grouping as I'm sure it will make a stronger photo.

In the second photo? It's way too loose in cropping and you need to go
tighter on the single flower closest to the camera. The fencing "might help"
make it even more interesting? I think as you crop, look at how the fencing
may or maynot add to the composition?? And all those green leaves are
meaningless and take away from what could've been a much stronger photo of
just the single flower. When I make my comments, it still comes down to how
you most like and see the final photograph. Often I've been known to be "
WRONG!" ;-) I've learned to live with my failings! ;-)

And in this case, as hard as it may be? Really bend your knees or kneel
right on the ground to flower level for greatest impact and go vertical on
the one flower !

Other than these minor things, you're doing fine! :-)

You are seeing the right stuff, it just takes a little fine turning! :-)
Keep them coming! :-)

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton) ([Leica] IMG: Buttercups)