Subject: [Leica] update: April show
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:35:47 -0700

Doug Herr OFFERED:

>>Saturday morning driving to the gallery was like mile 26: legs are
cramping, knees are wobbly, energy reserves and brain activity are beyond
gone but THE FINISH LINE IS ONLY 2 TENTHS OF A MILE AWAY!<<<<<

Hi Doug,
The best part about the above is........... "You have those feelings as the
mark of a class act person suffering nothing more than an element of stage
fright!  "Good folks have those! No problem! Just take a deep breathe or
two, think of your most favored photo in the group and how you shot it!" And
how great you felt when you saw the captured image in print! :-) Takes your
mind of the jitters and you'll relax! :-) Not to worry my friend if you
haven't blown them away by now, you'll surely do so at the opening and
during the ensuing exhibition!

We, those of us who've had the very good fortune to have an exhibition, have
gone through these very same feelings or likeness of feelings. It's all
about hanging ourselves and our photography out to dry before the public and
concerned how they will re-act?

Good folks have these feelings. The over cocky smart ass "so called world
great supposed photographers" arrive over cocky, over confident and think
they walk on water with a camera and a roll of unexposed film! Truth is?
Their photography is quite often crap, no better than that of a first grader
with coloured crayons. They just happen to have the ability to sell
themselves or a manager who builds an image of BS that creates a false hood.

Trust me I've encountered them on occasions' back in the late '60's and
early '70's while the Assistant Director of the National Film Board of
Canada Still's Division! That was a time! :-)

Good luck mon ami Doug! Have fun!
cheers,
ted