Subject: [Leica] My M8 is going back for service....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:44:54 -0400

I think at f 11 maybe you are using a too slow a shudder speed making for
unsharp results because of camera movement.
I'd love to see a camera lens combination which makes for sharp results at
f8 but not f11.
This diffraction limited stuff people are all excited about on this list for
years now In the real world people stop down as much as they need to get
what they need in focus and one or two of them will avoid stopping all the
way down if they can maybe avoid it but will do it anyway just to get the
whole thing in focus and no one's ever complained.
I've shot a million pix at f22 or f 32.
While using studio strobes I tend to shoot at f11.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] My M8 is going back for service....)