Subject: [Leica] Bad M8
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:28:13 -0400

Frank writes:

At first, I was enamored with the whole DIgi-M thing....   New files to look

at, new SW to learn, just plain NEW to deal with.....  After that wore off,

I started looking at the files and wondering why stuff was not as sharp as

my film results.

I kept reading stories of why this lens or that lens was too old, with

back/front focusing, why I had not done my testing right, why the problem

was caused by diffraction, wrong/old/not blueprinted monitor, wrong SW,

no/wrong sharpening applied, I  was too picky, no direct comparison, other

rational reasons that I was wrong.

IOW, I was a sucker for techie excuses.
- - - - -
Of course you can always follow Dr. Ted's strategy. Call a press conference.
Equip yourself with a sledge hammer. And threaten to pound your offending
Leica M8 into a pile of fragments while shouting "Leica cameras are pieces
of crap" if Leica doesn't immediately supply you with a new model.
It would be best if you did this on the steps of Fox News while ranting
about the evils of importing shoddy foreign goods into the USA.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Bad M8)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Bad M8)
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Bad M8)