Subject: [Leica] The craziest church bus EVER!
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:00:05 -0400

The church bus photo was shot at 320 and developed for 10 minutes at 75
degrees in PMK 1+2+100. I'm thinking I might want a little more exposure,
because my first test of Tri-X in PMK was done at EI-250 and developed for
11 minutes. The negs were a little too contrasty and looked slightly
overexposed, hence the change to 320 and the shorter time. The contrast is
good now but I feel like the exposure was a little under. PMK negs are
harder to judge by appearance alone. My 320 negs look well exposed but the
shadow detail didn't come through as well as it did with the 250 shots on
the first roll. So, I'll say 250 is probably what I'll stick too, with the
10 minute developing time. I have to shoot another rolls to be sure. Once I
get everything worked out, I'll post the full info on how I develop and
expose film for PMK.

Note that I am scanning my film, not wet printing. The stain affects
contrast with VC paper and a longer dev. Time might be best for wet printing
if you use VC papers. I haven't tested that though, I had to stop darkroom
printing years ago because of allergies I developed to the chemicals,
despite having a very good ventilation system. Developing negs in metal
tanks doesn't bother my health since I'm not breathing the fumes as you do
with open trays for prints.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography