Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 1/4/2011: what the cat brought in
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 16:13:40 -0400

Cool! My grandpa's cat used to kill snakes all the time. She even killed a
couple of rattlesnakes! That cat was evil.

I live in the city and see snakes ALL THE TIME here in town. We never get
rattlesnakes in the city; but garter snakes are very common and blue racers,
milk snakes, and king snakes are sometimes seen in yards here. They're all
harmless, but all but garter snakes can get fairly long, 5-6 feet. Garter
snakes are usually about 1/3 to 1/2 meter long and really skinny, but I saw
one once that was over a meter and really fat.

Here's pics of the big one and a normal size garter snake my son and I
caught one day. The cat scared it pretty bad though! The cat jumped on the
aquarium we had him in and started drooling, lol.

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/family-snapshots/snake/

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography