Subject: [Leica] OT - need some direction about micro 4/3 cameras
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 18:32:51 -0500

On 4/1/2011 9:50 AM, charcot wrote:
>  Olympus vs. Lumix , which bodies do people use and like.  EVF have
> they gotten any better.  Pros and Cons.  Help I'm drowning in
> unhelpful information so I need actual shooters to help me decide.
>
> ernie nitka

Don't know about the Olympus, but I have the Panasonic GF-1 and think it
is excellent and makes a decent sized print.  The limitations so far are:

1. It is a lower-ISO camera.  I use it at 100-200, no more than 400.
2. The 20mm 1.7 lens is excellent, but the 14-45 is not up to par.  I
will probably order the 45mm 2.8 when I can get around to it.
3. The EVF (a necessity for me) is not that clear, but works as
intended.  You can see the focus points and all the info you need.

Hope this helps.  I see there is now a replacement for the GF-1 (of course).

Ken

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] OT - need some direction about micro 4/3 cameras)