Subject: [Leica] wildflowers...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 21:32:32 -0700

Steve Barbour SHOWED:

> springtime, by the American River, Sacramento
>
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2011/todayflowers.jpg.html

Ok Steve it's nice!   HOWEVER!!!!!!!! Now are you ready my dear friend? ;-)
Here we go! :-)

1/
The tree branches in the background almost kill this photograph. WHY? Well
my eyes blow right by the flowers right to those black barren branches
completely bypassing the delicate flowers! :-(

Yeah right the flowers look nice............. BUT? They are too small and
completely over powered by the trees!

You would have been far better off to go tight or tighter on one or two of
the blossoms! Completely allowing the tree branchs to fade way out of focus!

You are right down to the flower level as you should be, so you get gold
points for getting down to their level. But the damn tree branches steal the
effect completely away!

Now try to imagine this shot tighter on a couple of the more dominant
flowers with the lens wide open or nearly so?

I mean there is so much potential here "flowers alone!" The few blossoms
right in the middle and making a vertical composition shot very tight
would've created a potential mind blowing friday flower photo! BUT? :-(

Sorry mon ami, you blew this one!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-(

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] wildflowers...)