Subject: [Leica] Leica S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 15:21:19 -0400

They are Doug " different cameras for different purposes." but like we were
saying before what a camera is optimal for and what is can really do is
really two different things.
You can do street shooting with your view camera and use your compact camera
for product photography. Its always what you don't think.
Hassy cameras do get put in more than one pigeon hole.
Some think you don't take it off the tripod. Some think you don't put it on.
Its famous for weddings and if you don't think these are fast breaking
situations then try shooting one. Its the same as shooting a war or a riot.
How that differs from "street" photography I don't know.
Same applies to a classic Rolleiflex Or a Speed Graphic.

When the digital thing loomed my first  thought was the company which will
benefit the most would be Hasselblad as all you need was a back and you are
set with your existing set.
Hasselblad promptly sank. The reason? The price of said back.
But those prices are dropping. And when they come out with a better back the
previous one gets sold for real cheap.

Mark William Rabiner