Subject: [Leica] Leica S2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 15:31:46 -0400

The m6 though Steve is a unusual kettle of fish when it comes to the
perception of price and affordability. It always was thought of as off the
deep end money wise but it always cost the same as a top of the line Canon
or Nikon at least after a few decades when they became more automated. But
people kept thinking an M was was an impossible dream.
Why?
Because they just were not going to spend  $1850 on a camera with a cloth
shutter and a sync speed of a 50th without one single micromoter in it.
And that expense would also represent an additional 35mm system on top of
their existing SLR.
And they never did get the whole rangefinder thing.
"why would you not want to look though the lens?"
The Leica M system was simply beyond most people grasp of imagination not
money. When they spend money the wanted "features".
It was like spending money for a pimped out car but only getting a bare
bones used BMW box.

Mark William Rabiner