Subject: [Leica] OT - need some direction about micro 4/3 cameras
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 08:54:58 -0700

I'm sorry my previous response wasn't clear or incorrectly written,
but I do use the in-body IS all the time on the e-p1, but the lack of
eye-level lcd finder is the real killer for me. I use the little
Voiglanender 28/35 optical finder for the 20/1.7 and various other
Leica and Voigtlaender finders for other lenses, but then I don't
have the other good features of the lcd like the exposure info and
especially the magnified manual focus. Precise focus is very hard
when you have to hold the camera in front of you, focus, and then
recompose through the optical finder.

What I would really like to use the e-p2 for are some macro lenses
such as the longer Photars and also my old 200 micro Nikkor, as well
as my 180/2.8 ED. Optically these work very well, but IS would be
very helpful and precise manual focussing is essential.