Subject: [Leica] OT - need some direction about micro 4/3 cameras
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 09:07:30 -0700

Simon, you're observations largely parallel mine. I'm also not
enamoured of the Olympus menus, but can live with them as long as the
camera has that wheel at the top right. That's why I'm not
considering the 3-p2L.

The 100-300 may look large on a m4/3 camera, but it's really not very
large for a lens that has about the same reach as the 100-400 Canon
on an APS-C Canon camera. It's somewhat ungainly on a GF1, but not
bad at all on the GH2. My present 100-400 is very sharp in the center
and left side of the image, and starts deteriorating to the right and
up. The upper right corner is the worst. However, this is by far the
best 100-400 I've tried, so I'm keeping it (and if critical, trying
to keep unimportant stuff in the upper right corner, horizontal
formatwise). The 100-400 is also a lot more ungainly on whatever you
put it than the Panasonic 100-300.

Nice screens and sensors notwithstanding, I can't stand the present
layout of the Sony UI. It also lacks an electronic viewfinder, which
is the main reason I want to get an e-p2 and sell the e-p1.