Subject: [Leica] Family photos, 1920s-40s
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 01:15:49 +0100

Nathan,
Agree with the comments on the group portrait - positively luminous - even
without the poignant undercurrents of its history.

The car one is very curious. I somehow doubt that tickets issued like that
would stick nowadays. Very easy to accelerate up to an unsuspecting victim
and take a picture of them while the camera shows the police car's closing
speed and not the victim's. Were bribes to policemen common in communist
Poland in the 70s? Anyway, it looks like a Syrena and they were not exactly
rocket ships, so it's hard to believe it was breaking the speed limit!

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow