Subject: [Leica] Comparing micro 4/3 and M8
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:28:47 +0100

Nathan wrote:
> I find the M8 to be the most fragile camera I have
> owned in a long time.

Hmm, that's a littlw worrying for what is supposed to be a robust
professional tool!  Other than the well-documented issues with the
sensor, what else goes wrong with these?  Are all the issues ironed
out in the M8.2?

Your and Adam's experiences with the GF-1 mirror mine - it's great
with the 20mm lens, and the other PanaLeica lenses are very nice too.
But critical focussing either at arms length on the screen or with
that low-res EVF is impossible, and not an enjoyable experience like
it is with a Leica M.

Thanks for your advice on getting one with some dealer warranty - I'll
definitely try to do that.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Comparing micro 4/3 and M8)
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Comparing micro 4/3 and M8)