Subject: [Leica] Lens color cast
From: fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:01:54 +0200

I once had the same problem, in the eighties, with the lenshead of the Telyt
1:6.8/560mm. It had a

nasty yellow cast, due to the yellowing canada-balsem-cement.

A friend of mine took it to Wetzlar (with his Telyt 800, which had the same
problem)

The guys in Wetzlar 'replaced' the balsem, without any costs.

Sometimes this yellowing is caused by little cracks in the kit around the
cemented

lensparts. Oxidation of the balsem occurs then.

I still have this 560-lens and it is still OK!

Regards from The Hague,

Fred Hess