Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pony the Cat
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:59:27 -0400

When she was 7 my daughter, Karen, desperately wanted a pony. Our local town
ordnances prohibited housing any domestic livestock on a property not
officially designated a farm. After a little discussion my wife and I
induced one of my colleagues to invite us to the annual horse and pony show
at Cornell. When we got there he handed my daughter a little tabby kitten
with a big red ribbon attached to its collar and told her it was a prize
winning baby pony. To prove it, he asked her to read the ribbon. My daughter
took the kitten, hugged it, and cherished it for the 20 years of its long
life. I don't think she was fooled for a minute.

My wife painted a quick portrait of Pony the Cat in her usual pose for my
daughter to put in her room.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Pony+the+cat.JPG.html

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: Pony the Cat)