Subject: [Leica] Barcelona in color
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:43:12 -0400

Well, I totally disagree.  I think there is a place and a reason for B&W

photography today.  I agree with Ted that when you photograph people in

color, you are photographing their clothes.  When you photograph them in

B&W, without the distraction of color, you see their faces and eyes - soul,

if you will.  Unless there is a specific reason for using color, I usually

prefer B&W.  I have versions of all of these photos in color, but it's the

B&W ones that move me:

http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/5885005_Vryn9#367425430_KikRj

<http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/5885005_Vryn9#367425430_KikRj>B&W is

coming back for use in advertising,  too.  It stands out among all of the

color snapshots that bombard us constantly.

Tina
Very interesting Tina,
So how come most of the galleries on your Smugmug site and the majority of
the picture you have posted in the LUG are in color?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Barcelona in color)