Subject: [Leica] A Funny Color Story
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:38:05 -0400

Yesterday I was at a gathering of friends from Rangefinder Forum, where we
exchanged blather about cameras.  I was able to show off my recent
"portfolio" on my newly acquired Droid phone, thanks to web access and the
LUG gallery.  A friend looked at various images, and then came to the one
recent picture in color.  He enlarged the picture, and pronounced, "You
see, this is a perfect example of why film is far superior to digital.
Try getting those colors out of a digital camera!"

I then mentioned that the image was captured with a old digital
point-n-shoot, and a vastly obsolete (2mp) model at that.  He didn't say
much after that.

While I posted quite a few images from that day's shooting, I converted
almost all of them to b/w, since the color didn't do much for the picture.
However, on that image the rather lurid colors only seemed to enhance the
photo.

Best,
Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA