Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question- Panning vs WA Lens
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:26:22 -0700

One other comment. I am not discussing the question of how to rotate
the camera so that there is perfect stitching. This is an area I have
never learned anything about. However, there is one interesting
point. If a lens is distortion free (a theoretical ideal never fully
realized), then the image of an item in left field should have the
same perspective as if it were in the center by aiming the camera at
it. So I surmise, that since lenses are not perfect re distortion,
and small discrepancies would be apparent at a stitch, that there
does exist a procedure that minimizes such effects. Am I making sense?

--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204