Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question- Panning vs. WA Lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:55:23 -0400

The for instance " Whole circuit panoramic camera invented by John R.
Connon, [ca. 1887]" is a large format banquet camera which does group shots
of people or whatever and there is no distortion. That is the point. Only a
strip format photo - which gets everything.
There is nothing not to like!

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/english/on-line-exhibits/connon/big/big_20_cir
cuit_panoramic.aspx

Mark William Rabiner