Subject: [Leica] Aongus
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 01:36:46 +0100

A casual portrait of Aongus Collins - Irish political cartoonist and member
of Bray Camera Club - taken in the pub with my littlish Canon G9. With the
economy tanking/bumping along the bottom here, he's not short of subjects to
graphify.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/portraits/Aongus.jpg.html

As you'll note I live in Bray, Co. Wicklow - home of many fine pubs
including the Harbour Bar which was recently ranked the World's Best Pub by
Lonely Planet. However, the pub in which this shot was taken is Duffs on
Main St., Bray. Ah yes, Duffs! Duffs is a truly excellent emporium and
contains a vast amount of cycling memorabilia, images, and ephemera
including bicycles used by Stephen Roche and Sean Kelly. I think I can
honestly say there is nothing decorative in it that isn't cycling related.
The street outside the pub itself was a hot spot sprint finish when the Tour
de France visited Ireland some years ago. It's a wonderfully peaceful place
to relax in and doesn't have a television to annoy you. The pints there are
rather wonderful too.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from marielamaglia at gmail.com (mariela maglia) ([Leica] Aongus)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Aongus)