Subject: [Leica] Shipping info on Leica Compendium
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:00:55 -0400

I agree wholeheartedly. Photo books with real photos made by that
equipment are compelling, not advertisements of that equipment.

"Blood and sweat" are a little far reaching considering some of the real
compilations of photos that have been published using this very gear
have been created by photographers who have actually bled and or died
while pursuing real photos of real issues that matter.

The fact that I have an early DR Summicron and an early rigid
Summicron as well as a very late dual-scale helicoid for the same lens
doesn't matter one bit in the image made with any combination of the
above.

The only book of photos of lenses and gear which I'd really like is a
tech manual of those lenses and cameras in various states of repair.

Phil Forrest

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:03:45 +0200
Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote:

books filled with photographs of lenses are much less interesting than
books filled with photographs made with those lenses.

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Shipping info on Leica Compendium)