Subject: [Leica] Shipping info on Leica Compendium
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:58:39 -0400

Tom Swift Jr.
1954-1978
by Victor Appleton II

The son of Victor Appleton I
Neither people never having existed. But were in fact a group of hacks. I
picture a retro episode of my favorite TV show "Community" sitting around a
table coming up with stirring ideas.

Tom Swift and His Flying Lab - 1954
Tom Swift and His Rocket Ship - 1954
Tom Swift and His Giant Robot - 1954
 Tom Swift and His Ultrasonic Cycloplane - 1957
 Tom Swift and His Electronic Retroscope - 1959

The originals which I've never seen have an ever so slightly retro sound to
them
Tom Swift And His Motorcycle - 1910
Tom Swift And His Motor Boat - 1910
Tom Swift And His Airship - 1910
 Tom Swift And His Submarine Boat - 1910  (that's a boat which goes under
water the very idea!!)

14: Tom Swift And His Wizard Camera - 1912 -
or, Thrilling Adventures While Taking Moving Pictures
Written by Howard Garis
Illustrated by H. Richard Boehm
Publisher: Grosset & Dunlap

I always thought the writers of this series may have actually invented these
things! Maybe not.  Most real scientists stealing from Science fiction kids
books. Or certainly from the garbage bins outside the Grammer schools.

Mark William Rabiner and his Atomic pixel writer