Subject: [Leica] IMPORTANT: tripping around the four corners
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 06:09:46 -0700

Recently, that part of the country got indoor plumbing, paved roads, and
that new innovation, electricity.

Of course the roads are paved......!

The only place it will be tough to go through is Monument Valley.   There,
the Indians that run the park, allow access to regular cars, but he road is
terribly rutty.  We did it in our Volvo, but I would not do it again.  They
do, however, supply Guides with their own cars ( Jeeps mostly), for a fee.

Canyon de Chelly does not allow driving through with your own car.  They
only allow Guides and their cars.

A compact car is sufficient.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Time to do a road trip before the Summer craziness starts. I am hoping to do
the usual Grand Canyon (at least the rim), Moab, Monument Valley,
Canyonland, Antelope etc. etc. etc.

Now the most important question: can I rent simple no non-sense compact car
or will the terrain requires something like 4WD etc.?