Subject: [Leica] 100 year anniversary of 120 film (Care & feeding of '29 Original)
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 22:23:38 -0400

120 film is indeed Brownie film!  It was introduced in 1901 for the #2
Brownie camera according to "The Collector's Guide to Kodak Cameras".
The red window for paper-backed roll film first marketed in 1892 by the
Boston Camera Mfg. Company.  When they received a patent on the
invention Eastman bought them out.

I just shot a roll of 620, respooled 120, the other day in an old
Kodak.  If you don't want to respool you can clip the edges off the 120
spool with a fingernail clipper and it sometimes fits in a 620 camera.
Lots of fun.

Mike D