Subject: [Leica] Another shot across the S2 Bow... H4D-31
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 18:35:50 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Richard Man wrote:

>I think technically, we exceed what most people would NEED a long time ago
>for prints 20x24 or smaller.

I agree!  I doubt I've hit the DMR's image quality limits.  OTOH a big
overkill sensor allows for much more cropping as needed w/o sacrificing
image quality.

Philippe Amard wrote:

>I read the same and have started saving
>

>Le 11 mai 11 ? 22:39, Doug Herr a ?crit :
>
>> One thing I'm reading from that thread is that it's a camera that
>> people enjoy using, the one they're more likely (vs. a cube camera)
>> to have with them when out walking.  Can't quantify that.

This more than anything else is why I'm still pissed off that the R10 was
cancelled.  The R8/DMR produces outstanding image files but the sucker is
too danged big!  The no-BS design concepts incorporated in the S2 scaled
down to R size & combined with the 280mm f/4 APO would have been the camera
of my wildest fantasies.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com