Subject: [Leica] Hot news! There is life in film yet.
From: dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 08:09:57 +0800

For most B&W work, I shoot with film. I soup my own Tri-X and send XP2
to the lab. They scan my negs into jpeg images.

At the end of the day, I have a CD of film based images, my roll of
film for archival purposes and enjoy a choice of printing either with
my inkjet or darkroom enlarger.

My workflow involves little of my time as the main bulk of it is
handled by the scanning lab. A roll of 36 exposures also means that I
need to be mindful and disciplined about achieving "one shot, one
kill". With digital it is so easy to be carried away with tardiness
and machine-gunning photography. Culling the less than desired digital
images is the hard part.

I have one question and hope you can help answer. Can chromogenic film
(like Ilford XP2) be expected to last as long as silver halide
emulsions like Tri-X?

Dan K

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Hot news! There is life in film yet.)