Subject: [Leica] Erwin's' book sold out.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 15:51:41 -0400

http://www.imx.nl/photo/page152/page152.html

I checked out Erwin's Blog just now and notice his book has just sold out!
Great news for Erwin but to the Leica loving world perhaps a ever so slight
mixed bag. I am encouraged that there is still enough interest in bare bones
Leica info to warrant both the enterprise and the success of that
enterprise.
I'd heard it was a limited edition which made me think it was not being done
as part of a digital publishing scheme. Which I found to be satisfying and
in the "good news" category.  Erwin's update was done on a real printing
press.
I don't like not having it though. And the idea that to get it when I am
more flush one of these years may mean I'm buying a collectors item and will
pay accordingly for it. I don't like collectors items. I like users items.

But the bright side may be than in two or three years which comes fast there
will be need to repeat this process again. To update the book and come out
with an edition.  That's how traditional publishing seems to work  And I got
a feeling I'm going to be there when that happens. With a wad of cash. There
will be test reports on further developments of the M9, M10 and S2, S3. I'd
be in the market for those products.

Mark

Mark William Rabiner