Subject: [Leica] IMGs: OT iPad drawings
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:46:47 -0500

On May 26, 2011, at 2:52 AM, philippe.amard wrote:

> Nice media for a delicate artist :-)
> Are these drawn from scratch or do you start from a snap?
> The tool seems quite poweful and versatile.
>
> The uniqueness of standard paintings being irrelevant here
> I wonder if you, I-pad artists, sell the I-pad, the file, or prints?
>
> I really like what you got from those pixels :-)

> Le 26 mai 11 ? 02:07, George Lottermoser a ?crit :
>

>> for those interested in the iPad
>> as a mini-drawing/painting tool
>> (i continue to be amazed by it)
>>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=5298>

I derived the examples in the above blog post totally from the virtual
"blank page"

Back in December I posted my first explorations with this new tool
<http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=4496>
showing 3 from the virtual "blank page"
and one derived from a photograph.

As personal sort of "rule"
I generally don't have a much appreciation for photographs which "look like"
drawings or paintings.
(though I have a huge appreciation for paintings and drawings which "look
like" photographs ;~)
As an "exception" an older piece done in PS can be seen here
<http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=4221>

Nathan may have some information as to what David Hockney may have been
"selling."
I'd certainly be willing to sell "prints" (probably in the form of note
cards) from iPad artwork.
I say note cards because these apps generate very small files.
At 240 ppi - just 4.25 x 4.25 inches.
I've not tested how they may rez-up for anything larger.

At the Hockney exhibit which Nathan viewed it appeared he was showing on
large flat screens.
I assume he must have done some enlarging interpolation to do that.

For now I simply see them as hand/eye coordination practice;
color/composition experiments;
and concept sketching.

Regards,
George Lottermoser