Subject: [Leica] CAMPIONS!
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 08:20:04 +0530

Luis,
This triggers memories. What does Campions mean?

I went to a Jesuit school called Campion School, which was set up by a
Spanish missionary, Father E.F.More SJ, who was a tremendous influence on
all students that he came in contact with. His grave is still at our school
in a place called Bhopal in Central India. On his birth centenary a few
years ago, over a hundred students of the first batch of the school met
there, and there were guys who had specifically come for the occasion from
Australia, USA, Canada, UK, Middle East, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc
- that is the sort of respect we all felt for him.  An earlier Campion
School that he started in Mumbai is, even today, considered one of the top
three schools for boys in that city.

Cheers
Jayanand