Subject: [Leica] Digi-SLR's and MF lenses.....
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 21:22:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

> I am NOT a bad focuser.  When I turned about 35, I realized my eyes were
> getting old... so I went out and traded my MF Canon stuff for Nikon AF.
> Then, after a few months of use, realized that my eyes were better than my
> Nikon 8008 AF.  In the ensuing 27 years, my eyes are presumably not better.
> But hold on there... 50% bad focus?  I mean REALLY bad.  What's up?  ( To
> much M6/M8?)
>
> I admit I am fussy, really fussy with focus.....it must be spot on, or out
> it goes.... but REALLY bad is another thing.....

It's not just your eyes, Frank.  Viewfinders ain't what they used to be.
They're more for aiming the camera than for focussing.  The assumption is
that the user will rely on AF instead of his own eyes.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Digi-SLR's and MF lenses.....)