Subject: [Leica] Which colour neg film?
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 11:03:34 -0400

On Jun 02, 2011 at 09:51 AM -0500, Gary Pinkerton wrote:
>I've been shooting Portra 160 and 400, highly recommend.
>Both are very good and scan nicely with great color.
>The 400 has a bit of grain but still has good detail.

Ditto.  I've yet to use the new Portra 160, but by all accounts, it's
good stuff.  The previous versions of 160 were great, so the new one
should be even better.  If the grain increase in Portra 400 (still
fine-grained) is acceptable, then it's a wonderful film.

If you are interested, here's a sample of the 400 scanned on a minilab
scanner at 4000x6000 and resized by flickr.  If you click through to the
original size, you can see what the grain looks like.  I've got other
Portra 400 samples in my stream, most scanned at the same resolution.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgray1/5473148336/>

Replies: Reply from lug at paulhardycarter.com (PHC) ([Leica] Which colour neg film?)
Message from gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton) ([Leica] Which colour neg film?)