Subject: [Leica] Abandoned union hall
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 13:12:43 +0530

Nathan,
One of the biggest problems with the real estate meltdown is that it has
severely reduced worker mobility in the USA, because of being tied down to
houses which are unsalable one way or another - either being under water on
the loans, or being in an area with a glut of foreclosed houses. US laws
being what they are, I would advise workers to just walk away from the loans
and rent accommodation wherever they get a job. If this results in a
negative credit score, so much the better, because it forces people to live
within their means. Unfortunately, home ownership and easy credit are so
deeply embedded in the American psyche that not having access to both is
like emasculation!
Cheers
Jayanand