Subject: [Leica] IMG: Saturday's Lily
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:45:31 -0500

Thanks for the kind words, Mark.  I have shot lily images each year, but
they all look two-dimensional and flat.  I was trying to show the depth of
the components that make up the flower.  The lower half was superfluous, so
I cropped it out.  Glad you liked it.

The short macro lens made it easier to get the flower features in focus, and
still diffuse the background.  For some images it does better than my Leica
Elmarit-R 60mm Macro, but I still prefer the Leica lens when I have a
choice.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA