Subject: [Leica] What film did HCB use?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 12:37:34 +0930

Of course, but I think you underestimate the disparity in his volume
of rolls shot pre- and post-WWII.  before WWII he shot a variety of
films from Agfa, Kodak, Ilford and other manufacturers.  Between the
end of WWII and 1955 he mostly shot Ilford HPS and XX.  After that he
mostly used HP4 and Tri-X.  You can see a lot of work and discuss with
relevant people at the Foundation Cartier-Bresson:
http://www.henricartierbresson.org/index_en.htm - I found the staff
very helpful when I visited.

And yes, the films are only the same in name, which is why I said they
had changed.

Marty