Subject: [Leica] Interesting movie
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 15:11:33 -0600

Ric Carter wrote:
I have heard that it is one of the few substantive uses of 3D. It is said to
increase the understanding of the subject. I look forward to seeing it.

Certainly true from my limited experience.  And in this case it's really
effective because of the undulating shape of the cave walls and the way the
artists used the surfaces to their advantage.  As Jayanand mentioned, the
caves at Lascaux and Altamira are no longer open to the public due to damage
caused by human respiration, and the Chauvet cave is also normally closed,
so this is a really great opportunity to see something special.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE