Subject: [Leica] First Opera Shoot
From: gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:37:04 +0100

I have shot a lot of music over time, but have never shot opera before. I
was asked to cover the dress rehearsal of the local university degree piece
of 'Dido and Aeneas' (Henry Purcell), and it was the first true challenge to
the ability of the Lumix GH2 since I swapped from Nikon. My images are at
[URL="http://gerrywalden.zenfolio.com/featured.html"]http://gerrywalden.zenfolio.com/featured.html[/URL]
 using the password 'aeneas'.

They were mainly shot at 3200iso from the back of the auditorium using the
14 -140 at f5. They were then 'treated' in Lightroom. They are not great,
and I make no apology for the shadow on the close-ups as the requirements
for those were sprung on me when I was on-site, so I had only an on-camera
flash.

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
+44 (0)23 8046 3076 (Office)