Subject: [Leica] New Leica M Stuff
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:28:15 -0400

On Jun 22, 2011 at 01:31 PM +0930, Marty Deveney wrote:
>It doesn't work on the M9.  The rear element is too close for the
>microlenses to correct the angle of transmission at the edges.

Yup.  Good thing I'm on film still.  Of course if I needed a 21 on the
M9, I guess I'd look at the Zeiss 21/2.8.  Again, that extra $2k for the
Leica lens when it's about the same size as the 2.8 and has about the
same distortion just doesn't seem worth it for me.  I was really hoping
it would either be smaller or have less distortion for the price.

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] New Leica M Stuff)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New Leica M Stuff)
Message from tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray) ([Leica] New Leica M Stuff)
Message from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] New Leica M Stuff)