Subject: [Leica] Leica doing the right things, plus Pentax Q
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:10:25 -0700

Lest y'all think I am Leica-pu-pu'er, I totally think this is the right
move:

http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/2080688/leica-launch-compact-2012

A compact "EVIL" (electronic viewfinder interchangeable lens) camera that
will almost can take both M and R lens via adapters, plus whatever native
lens it will have. A step up from the X1 and a step down from the M9. By
2012, they should be able to stick in a 1.3 crop sensor too. Sell it for
$2000 body only and that will be a perfect main or backup camera for a lot
of the M and R users.

And presumably everyone must have heard about the Pentax Q by now - smallest
interchangeable lens camera system. Sure, the sensor is tiny, but the tiny
5MP iPhone4 camera has been doing great thing. This may be another killer
product.

Wait and see, wait and see. Finally some exciting new systems other than the
generic black bricks.
--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// richard's personal photo blog: <http://www.5pmlight.com>