Subject: [Leica] Return of the 21mm super Angulon
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:04:28 -0400

I replaced my 21/4 SA with the 21/2.8 ASPH when the latter first came
out. The ASPH was a better lens across the board (i.e. better color
rendering, corner sharpness, light fall off, etc). I'm sure modern
coatings had something to do with the color improvements. Regarding
distortion, they may have been closer to equal.

Chromes taken with the ASPH are a sight to behold. I projected some KR25
a few months back. My reaction was the same as way back when. Wow! One
image of fly fishing in Montana was special in how the lens captured a
fly line in mid cast, in a way that few lenses can.

I understand the 3.4 SA was superior to the 4.0 SA, but I had the 4.0. I
don't regret replacing it with the ASPH.

Dave