Subject: [Leica] OT - Rock and Roll Music
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 20:53:56 +0530

For all Electric Guitar fans out there!

Just listening to the 2010 Crossroads Festival, organised by Eric Clapton,
as a guitar player extravaganza (and an electric guitar fan's wet dream) - I
think this is the best yet. Highlights:

1. Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood tearing into Hendrix's Voodoo Chile.
Winwood, of course played on the original Hendrix recording as well.

2. An unlikely trio, Buddy Guy, Ronnie Wood and Johnny Lang, playing an
gorgeous instrumental version of the Rolling Stones' Miss You.

3. The heir to Clapton & Duane Allman, Derek Trucks making his guitar sing,
together with Warren Haynes, in a super set.

4. Seeing & listening to legends - B.B.King, Hubert Sumlin, Jeff Beck and,
for me the first time visually, James Burton.

Highly recommended.

Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton) ([Leica] OT - Rock and Roll Music)