Subject: [Leica] IMG: Listen to your Eyes - the End-Jayanand
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:33:38 +0200 (CEST)

Philippe,

Very nice. Shows that D700 sensor means business in low light, and you seem
to have used a quixotic combination - spot metering and program mode.

The program mode is MY mistake :-(
too many awkwardly placed buttons to set options in the dark, and I hate
that top screen, so un-natural to me  ...

As a result I used exp compenstion the (only) button I find really useful on
a modern camera,
well, second to the shutter actuator in fact :-)

Which 50mm lens were you using?

A 50mm 1.4 G - but for the reasons apologized for above, few takes were shot
at full aperture ... pity!
But I like the idea of using just one focal length again.

Thanks you for following the series and for your much appreciated comments

BIen amicalment de Mutz
Philippe

PS: thanks for the Machu Pichu link, my number one dream destination - both
sights and history, just like India, yet of course different; I'm taking
Alice and the kids there on the winter I retire.

Cheers
Jayanand