Subject: [Leica] M lens 21mm F2.8 pre ASPH
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:14:56 -0500

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:

> Perhaps the most famous dog in the history of Leica glass.
> Universally reviled.
> Woof!
> Search engine it!

Search Engine reveals a good deal of happiness with the lens.

"The pre ASPH is a marvelous highly under rated lens that you can now
pick up for around $1K in good condition. I've had mine 6 bit coded
and I think that even improved image quality from it."

"I have the 21 pre-asph and use it frequently on the m8. i have found
it to be a great lens, and actually use it for environmental
portraits. it does have some widening towards the edges but that can
be used to effectively call more attention to the middle. handles
contrast very well, great tonal range. very underated in my opinion."

Geebee does some pretty nice stuff.

I've enjoyed mine. I like it better than the CV 21, less fiddley

Have you ever used an M 21 Mark?
--
Regards,

Sonny