Subject: [Leica] M lens 21mm F2.8 pre ASPH
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 20:08:02 -0500

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Henning Wulff <henningw at archiphoto.com>
wrote:
> If you want to get something less expensive, get the CV 21, or better yet
> the Zeiss Biogon 21/2.8. Both are noticeably better than the pre-ASPH.

I can't comment on the Zeiss, having never seen one.

I had the CV for several years.  I liked it a lot when I was shooting
film, but when I went to the M8 it became fiddley dealing with taping
the ir cut filter so it would stay in the front of the lens. The small
size is a problem too with my big paws.

I also disliked the slow speed on the M8.

Then I found a nearly mint pre-asph 21 coded at a great price. I've
really enjoyed it on my M6.  I haven't used it much on film.

This stuff might all change if I go to an M9, but wit an M8, Henning,
I think it is a better lens than you say.  Lots of my shots in the
past year are with it, including Mardi Gras.

 Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/
Natchitoches, Louisiana